Materials Chemistry Laboratory
Dr. Maqsood Ahmed (Principal Investigator)
Dr. Maqsood Ahmed got his PhD entitled “Ultra high resolution crystallography of small molecules and proteins” from Universite de Lorraine, Nancy, France in 2012. He served in GC University Lahore for one year before joining IUB in September, 2013. CV
Dr. Sajida Noureen (Co-Principal Investigator)
Dr. Sajida Noureen became Lecturer in Chemistry in 2005 at University of Sargodha and then moved to IUB in 2007. She was selected for PhD studies under the Faculty Development Program of the IUB. She earned her PhD from Universite de Lorraine, Nancy, France in 2012. Her worked is focused on the synthesis and characterization of Dye-sensitized solar cells.
Powder X-rays DiffractometerWe have a Bruker D8 Advance Powder X-rays diffractometer equipped with high resolution LynxEyeXE detector and a Cu radiation source. This instrument also has additional accessories for capillary and high temperature studies for upto 1600°C. We also have a PDF4+ database for screening and data mining of powder samples.
- 4th International Workshop on X-rays Crystallography in Structural Biology, 25-27 February, 2020. Applications Closed
Application deadline 20 January, 2020
- IUCr Young Scientist Award Closed
- The Organizing Committee Shall Strictly Observe the IUCr Scientific Freedom Policy
- The research work of MPhil student Miss Asma Hasil has been published in Acta Cryst. B Structural Science, Crystal Engineering and Materials (Impact factor:6.732).
- MCL Graduate wins PhD position in France
- The first high impact publication from Materials Chemistry Laboratory has just appeared in a high impact journal (Impact factor 8.6).