Materials Chemistry Laboratory
Dr. Maqsood Ahmed (Principal Investigator)
Dr. Maqsood Ahmed is the Principal Investigator of Materials Chemistry Laboratory. He is a faculty member of the Department of Chemistry since September, 2013. He got his PhD entitled “Ultra high resolution crystallography of small molecules and proteins” from Universite de Lorraine, Nancy, France in 2012.He has already served in GC University Lahore for one year
Dr. Sajida Noureen (Co-Principal Investigator)
Dr.Sajida Noureen is a faculty member of the Department of Chemistry since November, 2007. She got her PhD from Universite de Lorraine, Nancy, France in 2012. Her worked is focused on the synthesis and characterization of Dye-sensitized solar cells. She also has already served for two year in University of Sargodha prior to joining IUB in 2007. She is experienced in working with
Microwave synthesis systemOur home laboratory is equipped with Anton Paar Monowave 400 microwave synthesis system which can synthesis reaction with operating volumes from 0.5 mL to 20 mL at up to 300°C temp. & 30 bar (435 psi) pressure with 850 W Microwave output power at 0 rpm to 1200 rpm Magnetic stirring. With the help of built-in camera a chemist can follow the reaction progress.
- The research work of MPhil student Miss Asma Hasil has been published in Acta Cryst. B Structural Science, Crystal Engineering and Materials (Impact factor:6.732).
- IUB Graduate wins PhD position in France
- The first high impact publication from Materials Chemistry Laboratory has just appeared in a high impact journal (Impact factor 8.6).
- Materials Chemistry Laboratory Inaugurated.
- PhD student Muhammad Umer Faroque wins Young Scientist Award.