Materials Chemistry Laboratory
Dr. Maqsood Ahmed (Principal Investigator)
Dr. Maqsood Ahmed got his PhD entitled “Ultra high resolution crystallography of small molecules and proteins” from Universite de Lorraine, Nancy, France in 2012. He served in GC University Lahore for one year before joining IUB in September, 2013. CV
Dr. Sajida Noureen (Co-Principal Investigator)
Dr. Sajida Noureen became Lecturer in Chemistry in 2005 at University of Sargodha and then moved to IUB in 2007. She was selected for PhD studies under the Faculty Development Program of the IUB. She earned her PhD from Universite de Lorraine, Nancy, France in 2012. Her worked is focused on the synthesis and characterization of Dye-sensitized solar cells.
Rotary evaporatorFor synthetic purposes, we have a Labtech Rotary Evaporator.
In addition to this we have a number of smaller equipments like UV spectrophotometers, hot plates, weighing balances, micropippetesetc.
All the equipments in the lab are connected with dedicated uninterrupted power suppliers for smooth operations. The lab also has a dedicated 60 kVA power generator to ensure power supply in case of any power failure from the national grid.
- 4th International Workshop on X-rays Crystallography in Structural Biology, 25-27 February, 2020. Applications Closed
Application deadline 20 January, 2020
- IUCr Young Scientist Award Closed
- The Organizing Committee Shall Strictly Observe the IUCr Scientific Freedom Policy
- The research work of MPhil student Miss Asma Hasil has been published in Acta Cryst. B Structural Science, Crystal Engineering and Materials (Impact factor:6.732).
- MCL Graduate wins PhD position in France
- The first high impact publication from Materials Chemistry Laboratory has just appeared in a high impact journal (Impact factor 8.6).