Materials Chemistry Laboratory
Dr. Maqsood Ahmed (Principal Investigator)
Dr. Maqsood Ahmed is the Principal Investigator of Materials Chemistry Laboratory. He is a faculty member of the Department of Chemistry since September, 2013. He got his PhD entitled “Ultra high resolution crystallography of small molecules and proteins” from Universite de Lorraine, Nancy, France in 2012.He has already served in GC University Lahore for one year
Dr. Sajida Noureen (Co-Principal Investigator)
Dr.Sajida Noureen is a faculty member of the Department of Chemistry since November, 2007. She got her PhD from Universite de Lorraine, Nancy, France in 2012. Her worked is focused on the synthesis and characterization of Dye-sensitized solar cells. She also has already served for two year in University of Sargodha prior to joining IUB in 2007. She is experienced in working with
Rotary evaporatorFor synthetic purposes, we have a Labtech Rotary Evaporator.
In addition to this we have a number of smaller equipments like UV spectrophotometers, hot plates, weighing balances, micropippetesetc.
All the equipments in the lab are connected with dedicated uninterrupted power suppliers for smooth operations. The lab also has a dedicated 60 kVA power generator to ensure power supply in case of any power failure from the national grid.
- The first high impact publication from Materials Chemistry Laboratory has just appeared in a high impact journal (Impact factor 8.6).
- Materials Chemistry Laboratory Inaugurated.
- PhD student Muhammad Umer Faroque wins Young Scientist Award.
25 to 27-02-2020
- 4th International Workshop on X-rays Crystallography in Structural Biology February 25-27, 2020 to be conducted at Materials Chemistry Laboratory, IUB.
15 to 16-12-2018
- Dr. Maqsood Ahmed to attend SESAME Synchrotron User's Meeting in Amman, Jordan 15-16 December 2018.