Materials Chemistry Laboratory
Dr. Maqsood Ahmed (Principal Investigator)
Dr. Maqsood Ahmed got his PhD entitled “Ultra high resolution crystallography of small molecules and proteins” from Universite de Lorraine, Nancy, France in 2012. He served in GC University Lahore for one year before joining IUB in September, 2013. CV
Dr. Sajida Noureen (Co-Principal Investigator)
Dr. Sajida Noureen became Lecturer in Chemistry in 2005 at University of Sargodha and then moved to IUB in 2007. She was selected for PhD studies under the Faculty Development Program of the IUB. She earned her PhD from Universite de Lorraine, Nancy, France in 2012. Her worked is focused on the synthesis and characterization of Dye-sensitized solar cells.
We have an Olympus SZX10 microscope for selection of crystalline samples which is equipped with a hot stage and computer interface. With hot stage microscopy, phase changes can be studied upto 600 °C. With a maximum numerical aperture (NA) of 0.2, it can produce a resolution of 600 line pairs per millimeter and a zoom ratio of 10:1.The trinocular tubes of SZX10 provide comfortable and efficient observation with optimized convergence angle that reduces the eye and neck strain. SZX10 is equipped with a hot stage and DP74 high resolution camera for capturing live images.
We also have a Olympus CX43P high resolving microscope which provides a very comfortable selection of samples under its highly bright light and very smooth adjusting knobs. The microscope is fitted with a DP74 camera for live acquisition of images.
- Dr. Maqsood Ahmed attends professional training workshop at NUST, Islamabad 23-26 Feb. 2021 28-02-2021
- Dr. Maqsood Ahmed has joined as Tenured Associate Professor w.e.f 17-7-2020 01-02-2021
- The Single Crystal XRD is back to operations after overhauling. The potential users can send their samples. 05- January 2021.
- The First Ph.D. scholar from MCL Dr. Muhammad Umer Faroque successfully defended his thesis on 23-11-2020. He has been working under the supervision of Dr. Maqsood Ahmed. 23-11-2020
- Workshop Concluded 20-02-2020
- The research work of MPhil student Miss Asma Hasil has been published in Acta Cryst. B Structural Science, Crystal Engineering and Materials (Impact factor:6.732).
- MCL Graduate wins PhD position in France
- The first high impact publication from Materials Chemistry Laboratory has just appeared in a high impact journal (Impact factor 8.6).
Before sample submission, the supervisor or the corresponding author may please get an appointment to discuss terms and conditions. Any direct submission will not be entertained.