Materials Chemistry Laboratory
Dr. Maqsood Ahmed (Principal Investigator)
Dr. Maqsood Ahmed got his PhD entitled “Ultra high resolution crystallography of small molecules and proteins” from Universite de Lorraine, Nancy, France in 2012. He served in GC University Lahore for one year before joining IUB in September, 2013. CV
Dr. Sajida Noureen (Co-Principal Investigator)
Dr. Sajida Noureen became Lecturer in Chemistry in 2005 at University of Sargodha and then moved to IUB in 2007. She was selected for PhD studies under the Faculty Development Program of the IUB. She earned her PhD from Universite de Lorraine, Nancy, France in 2012. Her worked is focused on the synthesis and characterization of Dye-sensitized solar cells.
We have an Olympus SZX10 microscope for selection of crystalline samples which is equipped with a hot stage and computer interface. With hot stage microscopy, phase changes can be studied upto 600 °C. With a maximum numerical aperture (NA) of 0.2, it can produce a resolution of 600 line pairs per millimeter and a zoom ratio of 10:1.The trinocular tubes of SZX10 provide comfortable and efficient observation with optimized convergence angle that reduces the eye and neck strain. SZX10 is equipped with a hot stage and DP74 high resolution camera for capturing live images.
We also have a Olympus CX43P high resolving microscope which provides a very comfortable selection of samples under its highly bright light and very smooth adjusting knobs. The microscope is fitted with a DP74 camera for live acquisition of images.
- In compliance with University and Government orders regarding COVID-19 pandemic, MCL halts all experiments till further notice. Focus will be shifted to computational work using our computer servers which we shall be accessing from home. We are available via email, phone or skype for any help and discussion. Stay at home, stay safe.
- Selected Participants for 4th International Workshop on X-rays Crystallography in Structural Biology
- 4th International Workshop on X-rays Crystallography in Structural Biology, 25-27 February, 2020. Applications Closed
Application deadline 20 January, 2020
- IUCr Young Scientist Award Closed
- The Organizing Committee Shall Strictly Observe the IUCr Scientific Freedom Policy
- The research work of MPhil student Miss Asma Hasil has been published in Acta Cryst. B Structural Science, Crystal Engineering and Materials (Impact factor:6.732).
- MCL Graduate wins PhD position in France
- The first high impact publication from Materials Chemistry Laboratory has just appeared in a high impact journal (Impact factor 8.6).