Arshad Mehmood, Aisha Fahim, Maqsood Ahmed and Sajida Noureen. (2020). Journal of Molecular Structure, (1216) 128483 (Published in special issue on Charge density as a tool to study the structure property relationship) Regioselectivity of reduction of nitro groups in 3, 5-dinitrosalicylic acid monohydrate explored by experimental and theoretical charge density analysis https://doi.org/10.1016/j.molstruc.2020.128483
- Asma Hasil, Arshad Mehmood, Sajida Noureen, Maqsood Ahmed. (2020). Journal of Molecular Structure, (1216) 128295 (Published in special issue on Charge density as a tool to study the structure property relationship). Experimental and theoretical charge density analysis of skin whitentening agent Kojic acid https://doi.org/10.1016/j.molstruc.2020.128295
- Muhammad Umer Faroque, Arshad Mehmood, Sajida Noureen, Maqsood Ahmed. (2020). Journal of Molecular Structure. 128183. Crystal engineering and electrostatic properties of co-crystals of pyrimethamine with benzoic acid and gallic acid https://doi.org/10.1016/j.molstruc.2020.128183
- Warda Hassan, Sajida Noureen, Mujahid Mustaqeem, Tawfik A. Saleh, Shagufta Zafar. (2020). Surfaces and Interfaces, (Just accepted), Efficient adsorbent derived from Haloxylon recurvum Plant for the adsorption of Acid Brown dye: Kinetics, isotherm and thermodynamic optimization. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.surfin.2020.100510
- Maharzadi Noureen Shahi, Alia Iqbal, Rashida Bibi, Misbah-ul-Ain Khan, Maqsood Ahmed, Sajida Noureen (2020). J. Mol. Structure , Volume 1206, 127657. Syntheses and electron density distribution studies in two new imidazole derivatives. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.molstruc.2019.127657
- Asma Hasil, Arshad Mehmood, Maqsood Ahmed (2019). Acta Cryst B75, 750-762. Experimental and theoretical charge-density analysis of hippuric acid: insight into its binding with human serum albumin. https://doi.org/10.1107/S2052520619007911
- Muhammad Umer Faroque, Sajida Noureen, Shafaat Hussain Mirza, Muhammad Nawaz Tahir, Maqsood Ahmed (2019). Acta Cryst. C74, 100-107. Structure and electrostatic properties of the pyrimethamine–3,5-dihydroxybenzoic acid cocrystal in water solvent studied using transferred electrondensity parameters https://doi.org/10.1107/S2053229618017060
- Muhammad Umer Faroque, Sajida Noureen, Maqsood Ahmed and Muhammad Nawaz Tahir, (2018). Acta Cryst. C74, 100-107. Electrostatic properties of the pyrimethamine–2,4-dihydroxybenzoic acid cocrystal in methanol studied using transferred electron-density parameters https://doi.org/10.1107/S2053229617017788
- Ammara Shahid, Ambreen Aziz, Sajida Noureen, Maqsood Ahmed, Sammer Yousuf and Muhammad Iqbal Choudhary (2018). Acta Cryst.C74, 534–541; Biotransformation, spectroscopic investigation, crystal structure and electrostatic properties of 3,7α-dihydroxyestra-1,3,5(10)-trien-17-one monohydrate studied using transferred electron-density parameters doi.org/10.1107/S2053229618004953
- Erum Akbar Hussain, Nosheen Kanwal, Islam Ullah Khan, Sadaf Mutahir, Muhammad Asim Khan, Maqsood Ahmed, Arshad Mahmood, Onur Sahin, Mehmet Akkurt, Muhammad Yar. (2018). Lett. Org. Chem., 15(3). 163-170. Green and Facile Reaction of Gabapentin with Sulfonyl Chlorides to Synthesize Lactams and Sulfonamides Derivatives in Aqueous Medium DOI: 10.2174/1570178614666170907143340
- Ammara Shahid, Sajida Noureen, Muhammad Iqbal Choudhary, Sammer Yousuf and Maqsood Ahmed Acta Cryst. (2017). C73, 430–436; Crystal structure and electrostatic properties of prednisolone acetate studied using a transferred multipolar atom model Published on the cover of the journal
- Umer Younas, Shahid Iqbal, Asif Saleem, Munawar Iqbal, Arif Nazir, Sajida Noureen, Karamat Mehmood and Numrah Nisar (2017), Fertilizer industrial effluents: Physico-chemical characterization and water quality parameters evaluation. Acta Ecologica Sinica, 37(4), 236-239. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.chnaes.2017.02.002
- Muhammad Umer Faroque, Sammer Yousuf, Salman Zafar, M. Iqbal Choudhary and Maqsood Ahmed (2016). Acta Cryst. C72, 398–404; Transferred multipolar atom model for 10β,17β-dihydroxy-17α methylestr-4-en-3-one dehydrate obtained from the biotransformation of methyloestrenolone.
- Maqsood Ahmed, Ayoub Nassour, Sajida Noureen, Claude Lecomte, Christian Jelsch. (2016). Acta Cryst. B72, 75-86. “Experimental and Theoretical charge density analysis of 1,4-bis (5-hexyl-2-thienyl) butane-1,4 dione: Applications of a virtual atom model.
- Mariya Al-Rashida, Syeda Abida Ejaz, Sharafat Ali, Aisha Shaukat, Mahwish Hamayoun, Maqsood Ahmed, Jamshed Iqbal (2015). Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry, 23, 2435-2444. “Diarylsulfonamides and their bioisosteres as dual inhibitors of alkaline phosphatase and carbonic anhydrase: structure activity relationship and molecular modelling studies”.
- Bartosz Zarychta, Artem Lyubimov, Maqsood Ahmed, Parthapratim Munshi, Benoit Guillot, Alice Vrielink and Christian Jelsch. (2015).Acta Crystallographica Section D 71, 954-968. “Ultra high resolution crystal structure and charge density study of cholesterol oxidase.” http://dx.doi.org/10.1107/S1399004715002382
- Yar, M., Bajda, M., Shahzadi, L., Shahzad, S. A., Ahmed, M., Ashraf, M., Alam, U., Khan, I. U., Khan. A. F. (2014). Bioorganic Chemistry. 54, 96-104. “Novel synthesis of dihydropyrimidines for α-glucosidase inhibition to treat type 2 diabetes: in vitro biological evaluation and in silico docking”.
- Sajida Noureen, Roberto Argazzi, Antonio Monari, Marc Beley, Xavier Assfeld, Carlo A. Bignozzi, Stefano Caramori, and Philippe C. Gros (2014), Dyes and pigments, 101, 318-328. Novel Ru-based sunlight harvesters bearing dithienylpyrrolo (DTP)-bipyridine Ligands: Synthesis, characterization and photovoltaic properties. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.dyepig.2013.10.01
- Ahmed, M., Yar, M., Nassour, A., Guillot, B., Lecomte, C., Jelsch. C. (2013). J. Phys. Chem. A 117, 14267-14275 Experimental and theoretical charge density analysis of a bromoethyl sulphonium salt: Atmic charges and their implications for reaction mechanism. https://doi.org/10.1021/jp410301d
- Ahmed, M., Jelsch. C., Guillot, B., Lecomte, C., Domagała, S. (2013). Cryst. Growth Des. 13, 315-325. Relationship between stereochemistry and charge density in hydrogen bonds with oxygen acceptors. . DOI: 10.1021/cg3014656.
- Tabussum, A., Riaz, N., Saleem, M, Ashraf, M., Ahmad, M., Alam, U., Jabeen, B., Malik, A., Jabbar, A. (2013). PhytochemistryLetters. 6, 614-619. “α-Glucosidase inhibitory constituents from Chrozophora plicata”. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.phytol.2013.08.005
- Jabeen, B., Riaz, N., Saleem, M., Ahmed, M., Naveed, M. A., Tahir, M. N., Pescitelli, G., Ashraf, M., Ejaz, S. A., Ahmed, I., Jabbar, A. (2013). Zeitschrift fuer Naturforschung B – Chemical Sciences. 68b, 1041-1048. “Isolation and Characterization of Limonoids from Kigelia africana”. DOI: 10.5560/ZNB.2013-3096
- Farrukh, M. A., Ahmed, M., Mohamed, S. K., Marzouk, A. A., El-Moghazy, S. M. (2013).“3-((5(4-chlorophenyl)-3-methyl-1H-pyrazol-1-yl)methyl)-4-tolyl)-1H-1,2,4-triazole-5(4H)-thione” Acta Cryst. E69, o936-o937. DOI:10.1107/S1600536813013494
- Sajida Noureen, Stefano Caramori, Antonio Monari, Xavier Assfeld, Roberto Argazzi, Carlo A. Bignozzi, Marc Beley and Philippe C. Gros (2012), Dalton Transactions, 41, 4833. Strong π -delocalization and substitution effect on electronic properties of dithienylpyrrole-containing bipyridine ligands and corresponding ruthenium complexes.
- Farrukh, M. A., Mohamed, S. K., Ahmed, M., Marzouk, A. A., El-Moghazy, S. M. (2013). “4-[5-(4-Chlorophenyl)-3-methyl-1Hydrazol-1-yl]benzenesulfonamide” Acta Cryst. E69, o295–o296. DOI:10.1107/S1600536813002134
- Ahmed, M., Noureen, S., Gros, P. C., Guillot, B., Jelsch, C. (2011). Acta Cryst. C67, o329-o333. “2, 2 - (Ethane-1, 2-diyl)bis[2-(5-bromothiophen-2-yl)-1,3-dioxolane] at 100 K refined using a multipolar atom model”.
- Domagała, S., Munshi, P. M., Ahmed, M., Guillot, B., Jelsch. C. (2011). Acta cryst. B67, 63-78 “Structural Analysis and Multipole Modelling of Quercetin Monohydrate – A Quantitative and Comparative Study”. https://doi.org/10.1107/S0108768110041996
Materials Chemistry Laboratory
Dr. Maqsood Ahmed (Principal Investigator)
Dr. Maqsood Ahmed got his PhD entitled “Ultra high resolution crystallography of small molecules and proteins” from Universite de Lorraine, Nancy, France in 2012. He served in GC University Lahore for one year before joining IUB in September, 2013. CV
Dr. Sajida Noureen (Co-Principal Investigator)
Dr. Sajida Noureen became Lecturer in Chemistry in 2005 at University of Sargodha and then moved to IUB in 2007. She was selected for PhD studies under the Faculty Development Program of the IUB. She earned her PhD from Universite de Lorraine, Nancy, France in 2012. Her worked is focused on the synthesis and characterization of Dye-sensitized solar cells.
- The First Ph.D. scholar from MCL Dr. Muhammad Umer Faroque successfully defended his thesis on 23-11-2020. He has been working under the supervision of Dr. Maqsood Ahmed. 23-11-2020
- The Single Crystal XRD is undergoing necessary maintenance. Please keep on visiting this page for updates. 09-11-2020
- Crystallization kits gifted to MCL by University of Liverpool 16-06-2020
- Workshop Concluded 20-02-2020
- The research work of MPhil student Miss Asma Hasil has been published in Acta Cryst. B Structural Science, Crystal Engineering and Materials (Impact factor:6.732).
- MCL Graduate wins PhD position in France
- The first high impact publication from Materials Chemistry Laboratory has just appeared in a high impact journal (Impact factor 8.6).
Before sample submission, the supervisor or the corresponding author may please get an appointment to discuss terms and conditions. Any direct submission will not be entertained.