- Ammara Shahid, Sajida Noureen, Muhammad Iqbal Choudhary, Sammer Yousuf and Maqsood Ahmed Acta Cryst. (2017). C73, 430–436; Crystal structure and electrostatic properties of prednisolone acetate studied using a transferred multipolar atom model
- Muhammad Umer Faroque, Sajida Noureen, Maqsood Ahmed and Muhammad Nawaz Tahir, 2018. Acta Cryst. C74, 100-107. Electrostatic properties of the pyrimethamine–2,4-dihydroxybenzoic acid cocrystal in methanol studied using transferred electron-density parameters
- Erum Akbar Hussain, Nosheen Kanwal, Islam Ullah Khan, Sadaf Mutahir, Muhammad Asim Khan, Maqsood Ahmed, Arshad Mahmood, Onur Sahin, Mehmet Akkurt, Muhammad Yar. Lett. Org. Chem. (Accepted), 15(3). Green and Facile Reaction of Gabapentin with Sulfonyl Chlorides to Synthesize Lactams and Sulfonamides Derivatives in Aqueous Medium
- Ammara Shahid, Sajida Noureen, Muhammad Iqbal Choudhary,Sammer Yousuf and Maqsood Ahmed Acta Cryst. (2017). C73, 430–436; Crystal structure and electrostatic properties of prednisolone acetate studied using a transferred multipolar atom model
- Umer Younas, Shahid Iqbal, Asif Saleem, Munawar Iqbal, Arif Nazir, Sajida Noureen, Karamat Mehmood and Numrah Nisar (2017), Fertilizer industrial effluents: Physico-chemical characterization and water quality parameters evaluation. Acta Ecologica Sinica, 37(4), 236-239.
- Muhammad Umer Faroque, Sammer Yousuf, Salman Zafar, M. Iqbal Choudhary and Maqsood Ahmed (2016). Acta Cryst. C72, 398–404; Transferred multipolar atom model for 10β,17β-dihydroxy-17α methylestr-4-en-3-one dehydrate obtained from the biotransformation of methyloestrenolone
- Maqsood Ahmed, Ayoub Nassour, Sajida Noureen, Claude Lecomte, Christian Jelsch. (2016). Acta Cryst. B72, 75-86. “Experimental and Theoretical charge density analysis of 1,4-bis (5-hexyl-2-thienyl) butane-1,4 dione: Applications of a virtual atom model.
- Mariya Al-Rashida, Syeda Abida Ejaz, Sharafat Ali, Aisha Shaukat, Mahwish Hamayoun, Maqsood Ahmed, Jamshed Iqbal (2015) “Diarylsulfonamides and their bioisosteres as dual inhibitors of alkaline phosphatase and carbonic anhydrase: structure activity relationship and molecular modelling studies”. Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry, 23, 2435-2444.
- Bartosz Zarychta, Artem Lyubimov, Maqsood Ahmed, Parthapratim Munshi, Benoit Guillot, Alice Vrielink and Christian Jelsch. (2015). “Ultra high resolution crystal structure and charge density study of cholesterol oxidase.” Acta Crystallographica Section D 71, doi:10.1107/S1399004715002382.
- Yar, M., Bajda, M., Shahzadi, L., Shahzad, S. A., Ahmed, M., Ashraf, M., Alam, U., Khan, I. U., Khan. A. F. (2014). “Novel synthesis of dihydropyrimidines for α-glucosidase inhibition to treat type 2 diabetes: in vitro biological evaluation and in silico docking” Bioorganic Chemistry. 54, 96-104.
- Sajida Noureen, Roberto Argazzi, Antonio Monari, Marc Beley, Xavier Assfeld, Carlo A. Bignozzi, Stefano Caramori, and Philippe C. Gros (2014), Novel Ru-based sunlight harvesters bearing dithienylpyrrolo (DTP)-bipyridine Ligands: Synthesis, characterization and photovoltaic properties. Dyes and pigments, 101, 318-328.
- Ahmed, M., Yar, M., Nassour, A., Guillot, B., Lecomte, C., Jelsch. C. (2013). Experimental and theoretical charge density analysis of a bromoethyl sulphonium salt: Atmic charges and their implications for reaction mechanism. J. Phys. Chem. A 117, 14267-14275 DOI: 10.1021/jp410301d
- Ahmed, M., Jelsch. C., Guillot, B., Lecomte, C., Domagała, S. (2013). Relationship between stereochemistry and charge density in hydrogen bonds with oxygen acceptors. Cryst. Growth Des. 13, 315-325. DOI: 10.1021/cg3014656.
- Tabussum, A., Riaz, N., Saleem, M, Ashraf, M., Ahmad, M., Alam, U., Jabeen, B., Malik, A., Jabbar, A. (2013) “α-Glucosidase inhibitory constituents from Chrozophora plicata”. PhytochemistryLetters. 6, 614-619. DOI: 10.1016/j.phytol.2013.08.005
- Jabeen, B., Riaz, N., Saleem, M., Ahmed, M., Naveed, M. A., Tahir, M. N., Pescitelli, G., Ashraf, M., Ejaz, S. A., Ahmed, I., Jabbar, A. (2013). “Isolation and Characterization of Limonoids from Kigelia africana”. Zeitschrift fuer Naturforschung B – Chemical Sciences. 68b, 1041-1048. DOI: 10.5560/ZNB.2013-3096
- Farrukh, M. A., Ahmed, M., Mohamed, S. K., Marzouk, A. A., El-Moghazy, S. M. (2013).“3-((5(4-chlorophenyl)-3-methyl-1H-pyrazol-1-yl)methyl)-4-tolyl)-1H-1,2,4-triazole-5(4H)-thione” Acta Cryst. E69, o936-o937. DOI:10.1107/S1600536813013494
- Sajida Noureen, Stefano Caramori, Antonio Monari, Xavier Assfeld, Roberto Argazzi, Carlo A. Bignozzi, Marc Beley and Philippe C. Gros (2012), Strong π -delocalization and substitution effect on electronic properties of dithienylpyrrole-containing bipyridine ligands and corresponding ruthenium complexes. Dalton Transactions, 41, 4833.
- Farrukh, M. A., Mohamed, S. K., Ahmed, M., Marzouk, A. A., El-Moghazy, S. M. (2013). “4-[5-(4-Chlorophenyl)-3-methyl-1Hydrazol-1-yl]benzenesulfonamide” Acta Cryst. E69, o295–o296. DOI:10.1107/S1600536813002134
- Ahmed, M., Noureen, S., Gros, P. C., Guillot, B., Jelsch, C. (2011). “2, 2 - (Ethane-1, 2-diyl)bis[2-(5-bromothiophen-2-yl)-1,3-dioxolane] at 100 K refined using a multipolar atom model”. Acta Cryst. C67, o329-o333. DOI:10.1107/S0108270111027247
- Domagała, S., Munshi, P. M., Ahmed, M., Guillot, B., Jelsch. C. (2011). “Structural Analysis and Multipole Modelling of Quercetin Monohydrate – A Quantitative and Comparative Study”. Acta cryst. B67, 63-78. DOI:10.1107/S0108768110041996
Materials Chemistry Laboratory
Dr. Maqsood Ahmed (Principal Investigator)
Dr. Maqsood Ahmed is the Principal Investigator of Materials Chemistry Laboratory. He is a faculty member of the Department of Chemistry since September, 2013. He got his PhD entitled “Ultra high resolution crystallography of small molecules and proteins” from Universite de Lorraine, Nancy, France in 2012.He has already served in GC University Lahore for one year
Dr. Sajida Noureen (Co-Principal Investigator)
Dr.Sajida Noureen is a faculty member of the Department of Chemistry since November, 2007. She got her PhD from Universite de Lorraine, Nancy, France in 2012. Her worked is focused on the synthesis and characterization of Dye-sensitized solar cells. She also has already served for two year in University of Sargodha prior to joining IUB in 2007. She is experienced in working with
- The first high impact publication from Materials Chemistry Laboratory has just appeared in a high impact journal (Impact factor 8.6).
- Materials Chemistry Laboratory Inaugurated.
- PhD student Muhammad Umer Faroque wins Young Scientist Award.
25 to 27-02-2020
- 4th International Workshop on X-rays Crystallography in Structural Biology February 25-27, 2020 to be conducted at Materials Chemistry Laboratory, IUB.
15 to 16-12-2018
- Dr. Maqsood Ahmed to attend SESAME Synchrotron User's Meeting in Amman, Jordan 15-16 December 2018.