Materials Chemistry Laboratory
Dr. Maqsood Ahmed (Principal Investigator)
Dr. Maqsood Ahmed got his PhD entitled “Ultra high resolution crystallography of small molecules and proteins” from Universite de Lorraine, Nancy, France in 2012. He served in GC University Lahore for one year before joining IUB in September, 2013. CV
Dr. Sajida Noureen (Co-Principal Investigator)
Dr. Sajida Noureen became Lecturer in Chemistry in 2005 at University of Sargodha and then moved to IUB in 2007. She was selected for PhD studies under the Faculty Development Program of the IUB. She earned her PhD from Universite de Lorraine, Nancy, France in 2012. Her worked is focused on the synthesis and characterization of Dye-sensitized solar cells.
TGA/DSCOur lab hosts Perkin Elmer STA 6000 simultaneous TGA/DSC which can perform simultaneous measurement of weight changes and heat flow of the sample. The instrument featured with advanced sensor technology and proven compact furnace that together gives better temperature control, faster cool-down time and more consistent measurement.
- 4th International Workshop on X-rays Crystallography in Structural Biology, 25-27 February, 2020. Applications Closed
Application deadline 20 January, 2020
- IUCr Young Scientist Award Closed
- The Organizing Committee Shall Strictly Observe the IUCr Scientific Freedom Policy
- The research work of MPhil student Miss Asma Hasil has been published in Acta Cryst. B Structural Science, Crystal Engineering and Materials (Impact factor:6.732).
- MCL Graduate wins PhD position in France
- The first high impact publication from Materials Chemistry Laboratory has just appeared in a high impact journal (Impact factor 8.6).