A Very Warm WELCOME!!The Materials Chemistry Laboratory is a part of the PC-1 Strengthening of Existing Departments at Islamia University of Bahawalpur. The project was approved by the HEC and the Planning Comission of Pakistan on 20 February 2015. The laboratory was established with a cost of Rs. 123 million. The laboratory hosts state of the art equipment and is part of the efforts to bring IUB at par with the advanced research institutions of the world. The research team specializes in the 3D structural characterization of the proteins and natural products extracted mainly from (but not limited to) the Cholistan desert, structural and functional studies of molecules applicable in dye-sensitized solar cells as well as routine chemical crystallography of diverse nature. Based on structural information of the molecules, we are trying to develop innovative solutions to address local and national issues related to health, energy and envoirnment. We take pride in saying that over the past one year since its inauguration, hundreds of samples have been analyzed. The beneficiary departments include besides department of Chemistry, Pharmacy, Physics, Life Sciences and agriculture. In addition to this, a number of Universities and research centers have also collaborated with us. We thank them for their trust in us. MCL has started to make its impact!! The team thanks the Vice Chancellor of The Islamia University of Bahawalpur for his continued support.
Materials Chemistry Laboratory
Dr. Maqsood Ahmed (Principal Investigator)
Dr. Maqsood Ahmed got his PhD entitled “Ultra high resolution crystallography of small molecules and proteins” from Universite de Lorraine, Nancy, France in 2012. He served in GC University Lahore for one year before joining IUB in September, 2013. CV
Dr. Sajida Noureen (Co-Principal Investigator)
Dr. Sajida Noureen became Lecturer in Chemistry in 2005 at University of Sargodha and then moved to IUB in 2007. She was selected for PhD studies under the Faculty Development Program of the IUB. She earned her PhD from Universite de Lorraine, Nancy, France in 2012. Her worked is focused on the synthesis and characterization of Dye-sensitized solar cells.
- 4th International Workshop on X-rays Crystallography in Structural Biology, 25-27 February, 2020. Applications Closed
Application deadline 20 January, 2020
- IUCr Young Scientist Award Closed
- The Organizing Committee Shall Strictly Observe the IUCr Scientific Freedom Policy
- The research work of MPhil student Miss Asma Hasil has been published in Acta Cryst. B Structural Science, Crystal Engineering and Materials (Impact factor:6.732).
- MCL Graduate wins PhD position in France
- The first high impact publication from Materials Chemistry Laboratory has just appeared in a high impact journal (Impact factor 8.6).